AsLing (the International Association for Advancement in Language Technology) is delighted to announce the forthcoming 40th annual Translating and the Computer Conference (TC40).
The TC conference is a distinctive event where translators, interpreters, researchers, translation companies, language service providers and international organisations can interact, exchange ideas and discuss current trends. It features peer-reviewed presentations, talks, posters, panel discussions and workshops.
Conference Topics (Call for Papers still ongoing)
– CAT tools (e.g. Translation Memory (TM) systems)
– Terminology management
– Machine Translation (incl. neural MT (NMT), statistical MT (SMT), rule-based MT (RBMT), MT/TM integration, MT engine training)
– Quality assessment, quality control, post-editing
– Natural Language Processing for translation and interpreting
– Translation workflow and management; facilitating collaboration between translators and companies
– Training (incl. university translation and interpreting programmes and the rapidly changing industry)
– Mobile technologies
– Tools and resources for translators and, especially, interpreters (continuing from last year’s focus)
Registration fees and other relevant information about venue, accommodation, conference sponsors and keynote speakers will be published on the conference website as soon as they are available, but at the latest on 31 May 2018. The conference website https://www.asling.org/tc40/ will be updated regularly.