Datto, the world’s leading provider of IT solutions delivered through managed service providers, is looking for a part-time Software Translator to join a rapidly growing team. Datto is an innovative company at its core and is an exciting and dynamic workplace. We are 100% focused on our managed service provider partners and believe that with the right technology, managed service providers can change how businesses around the world operate. Datto provides data protection, business continuity, networking, business management, and file backup and sync products that enable and protect the clients of our 14,000+ partners. We are headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and have 22 offices worldwide.
As a part-time Software Translator, you will act as the German translator for two of our primary product lines: Business Management and File Backup & Sync. You will be responsible for both the software and online documentation.
The Business Management software, Datto RMM, is a proactive Remote Monitoring and Management (RMM) solution that maximizes productivity. The File Backup & Sync software, Workplace, is an enterprise-grade File Sync & Share (FSS) solution. You will primarily specialize in keeping the German translations current during each product’s release cycle.
Does this describe you:
- Linguistic genius
- Familiar with Agile project management
- Familiar with software QA processes
- Familiar with computer assisted translation (CAT) tools
A look inside the job:
- Translate software user-interface files into the target language (English source file types: .properties and .resx)
- Translate online documentation files into the target language (English source file type: Madcap Flare)
- Conduct linguistic quality assurance reviews once translated files are built to the Staging platform
- Process translation-related JIRA issues and work with Quality Assurance team to aid in the QA bug fix process for linguistic errors found during a review
- Maintain the company’s translation memory database for each product
- Coordinate with the German Team Lead and/or Translation Manager in the USA to meet milestones, schedules, and deadlines
- Superb aptitude for technology and business management products such as RMM
- Native in the target language and fluent in English
- Minimum of eight years of experience in a software or IT setting plus a Bachelor’s degree in the target language (May be substituted with six years of experience and a Master’s degree, or 3 years‘ experience and a Ph.D.)
- Project management experience a plus
- Understanding of the MSP market and how they run their businesses a plus
- Accredited or certified translator a plus
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Competitive salary
- Free lunch every Friday
- Generous paid time off policy
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Fitness reimbursement
- Charity match program
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.