Xplanation is currently looking for an experienced translator for German into French to join our Linguistic Team and work from our office in Munich (starting as soon as possible; full-time position).
- Revise, with the help of translation memory software, texts which have been translated (primarily from German into French, less often English into French) by external and internal partners, mainly for customers in the automotive, technical and marketing sectors.
- Translate, with the help of translation memory software, technical and marketing texts from German into French, sometimes also English into French.
- Other tasks:
- Provide linguistic support to external and internal stakeholders.
- Follow up on quality of external partners and take appropriate action to ensure a high-quality partner pool.
- Project-related customer contact and communication with external resources.
- Create, update and promote customer-specific procedures.
- Terminology management.
Your language skills:
- You are a native French speaker with a fluent writing style, perfect knowledge of grammar rules and a keen eye for detail.
- Excellent knowledge of German is required.
- Very good knowledge of English is required.
- A degree in translation/linguistics from a francophone country/college.
- Professional experience in translating/revising technical texts.
- Experience in using CAT tools.
- Good time management and organisational skills.
- You have an affinity with IT and an open mind towards new software applications.
- You are a team player while able to work independently.
Do you have a passion for languages? At Xplanation, you will have the chance to use your language skills on a daily basis and immerse yourself in a dynamic, international working environment.
If you feel your next career move could be to join our successful and dynamic team, please submit your
application with covering letter (clearly stating your motivation, experience, expertise, and salary expectations) and CV in English to email@example.com with ref. 201810 LINFR.